Frequently Asked Questions
If you have additional questions after reading this page, feel free to contact us by email or call us at (408) 247-2684.
- Q. I don't know anything about the guitar/bass/piano/drums/ukulele/singing. Do you take students like me?
- A. Absolutely! Just think, you have no bad habits. While taking lessons at The Guitarist you will be mentored by an experienced teacher that can guide you in developing proper technique.
- Q. What is a good age to start?
- A. How old are you now? We have students that range from 6 years old to over 80! If you have the desire, you can play an instrument no matter what age you are.
- Q. I do not own a guitar should I buy one before my first lesson? (See our blog post about this!)
- A. No. Take your first lesson and have your instructor show you what to look for in a guitar. It is very important to find the one that is best for you and your instructor can help guide you. (We also rent guitars and you may want to rent for about a month before you buy something).
- Q. I'm interested in learning to read and write music. Do you teach that?
- A. Yes, we do. We encourage all our student to learn basic music fundamentals like music reading and theory.
- Q. Sometimes I may need to skip a lesson. Will I be charged for that lesson?
- A. We know this is a busy area with people traveling a lot and kids involved with school activities. So, to avoid being charged for a lesson all we ask is for 24 hour notice so that we can reschedule another student into your time. Without the notice you will be charged for that lesson.
- Q. What if I miss a class? Do you offer a make-up?
- A. Sorry, there are no make-ups for group classes. Don't worry though. Rich always spends time reviewing material in class. You can also check the class blog to see what you missed.
- Q. Do you offer anything else besides lessons?
- A. Yes. We have available for sale in our studio guitars, books, tuners, metronomes, strings and many other items. Feel free to stop by!
- Q. I would like to schedule a lesson, what should I do?
- A. You can email us at TheGuitaristTeam@gmail.com or call us at (408) 247-2684. We'll be happy to work with your schedule and find a time that works best for you.